Monday, July 08, 2013

I'm a Bad, Bad Blogger

Does anyone even read this anymore?  I am so bad about leaving it for many months at a time!  Life tends to distract me. ;)

SO!  I'm back to blogging.  Again.   We are living in Oklahoma now, after a short 6 months at Fort Jackson for the Chaplain Captain's Course.  Kevin is set to promote in August. Yay!  He had some hard work to do after being diagnosed with PTSD and a traumatic brain injury (TBI) from an incident during his time in Iraq.  As always, he met the challenge with amazing resolve and is overcoming with gusto!

I am doing what I love, and have a class of Autistic students that are a joy and a challenge.  I am so happy teaching them and celebrating every step they take!  I am missing them over the summer!  Meanwhile, I earned my Graduate Certificate in Autism from Texas Tech and am working on a Graduate Certificate in Applied Behaviorf Analysis.  Really good stuff!

The kids are growing, as kids tend to do, and this year we will have an 8th grader, a Sophomore, and a Senior in the house.  It is so hard to believe my oldest will graduate next year, yikes!!  I pray as he launches into the world he will impact it with the love of our merciful Savior and wisdom beyond his years!

I guess that gets things up to speed!  More later! <3

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Yes, Carol, somebody is reading this. ;-)

Actually, you are in my blog list, so whenever you write something, the post comes up. And since I write regularly, I also see the posts.

Loved reading about your present life. As you are looking towards your first child graduating, for us it was just the last one. He had his official graduation ceremony last Friday and he will start "European Studies" in Maastricht in September. Time flies.

All the best to you and your lovely family, Carol, we miss you. Great that we stay in touch.

Marianne

Carol said...

Hi Marianne! I'm glad we can keep in touch this way, also! Plus there's Pinterest! ;-) Congrats on your empty nest...a new chapter of life has begun for you!

We miss you, too! Please give our love to your family and take care. <3
Smiles,
Carol